Wednesday, September 14, 2011

10,000 Miles and Counting

Statistics as of 9/14/2011:

View Happiness Ahead Project in a larger map
*10,029 miles driven in 38 days
*Average 264 miles every day
*5 hr 15 minutes driving a day (not including stops and in-town speed limits)
*24 trips to the gas station
*Cheapest gas: Oklahoma @ 3.23/gal
*Most expensive gas: New York @4.55/gal (I cried)
*Around 400 people in 18 cities in 18 states interviewed
*31 states visited

The sad thing is, I still have 13 more cities to visit. According to Google maps, from Orange, NJ to Bellevue, WA is 5,100 miles. That's if I stick to the main high ways (shudder) and take no detours. A long way to go!

Next entry: Experiences in the beautiful Appalachian mountains of New Hampshire, confusion with several people thinking I'm homeless, me yelling at strangers in Boston, and weaving the streets of Brooklyn, New York like I've been doing it for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment